- How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in January 2014. It’s almost been a full year!
- What do you blog about? I can’t commit to any one thing! I blog about health and life. I also include a few recipes, product reviews, and projects. I blog the least about fashion. I don’t like having my picture taken and I don’t feel that I am a fashionista!
- Why did you start blogging? My mother was an English teacher and always encouraged me to write, so I developed the love of writing when I was young. Just before I began blogging last year, I overcame a 15 year battle with an eating disorder. For the first time, I felt like I was able to live my own life. The name of my blog, Queen Jarrell, developed from the idea that I was finally the queen of my own life. I was no longer a slave to my eating disorder or to pleasing others. I began blogging to document my new life, in which I was so grateful. I also had the strong desire to inspire others to find the happiness in their own lives.
- What is your FAVORITE post you’ve ever written (you can pick 2)? Celebrating Chunky Thighs and Forty-Something and Sisterhood. Although I do many different types of blogs, both of these are a little more in depth. They were both written from the heart and are a true reflection of myself.
- What blog do you love? One of the first blogs I began to follow was Julia Ryan- Creating a Life of Style – I love the photos in her blog! I also love Living in Yellow – Erin writes with a sense of humor!
- What is your biggest piece of advice for other bloggers? Blogging can be difficult. It’s an expensive, time-consuming hobby. It’s discouraging when you feel as if no one is reading your posts, or when people leave negative comments. If you truly love blogging, block out the negative and blog for YOU! Write from your heart. Blogging is my therapy. It’s the most rewarding thing I do for myself!
- What are you looking forward to for you as a blogger in the upcoming months (conferences, big blog release, book release, publishing, community, redesign, new content, etc)? In the last couple of months, I have written an health and happiness ebook and had my website redesigned. I also enrolled at IIN to become a certified health coach. I’m in the process of taking classes and will soon be able to take on clients. I look forward to working with others and inspiring them to live healthy, happy lives! Look forward to more health tips and healthy recipes on the blog!
Visit Katie on the web and show her some North Carolina love.
And then anything else you might want to add that you want people to know about you – professional affiliations, any other place they can find you, etc. I am an art teacher in an elementary school. I am married with three cats. I love wine tasting and vacations! I like organization and people that are real!