You’ve read social media comparisons before but when it comes to strategy, have you ever stopped to think about how social networks are like your crazy ex?
Both had you enamored at first, and then you realized how much time and effort it was going to take to keep things going. Thrilling, exhilarating and sometimes a little scary, here are 20 ways social media is like your crazy ex.
20 Ways Social Media Is Like Your Crazy Ex
- Neither should be left unattended
- Both require plenty of attention
- Ignoring them can be a really bad idea
- You don’t want to mess with them when you’re drunk
- You probably shouldn’t leave your kids alone with them
- They can be totally addicting
- They can feed your ego
- They can build you up
- They can tear you down
- They can be fickle
- They can give you a false sense of security
- They can make you fall in love with them
- They can drive you a little crazy
- Both can be exciting
- They’re accessible 24/7
- You remember exactly what drew you to them in the first place
- They can surprise you in unexpected ways
- You should have a plan before you approach them
- Both should be monitored
- Much like your crazy ex, you shouldn’t rely on social media for all your needs
Though this post was meant to poke fun, social media for business is no joke. Like any relationship, the ones you have cultivated through social networks require nurturing in order to be successful and stand the test of time.
What made you fall in love with social media? Has your relationship with social media grown and gotten better over time, or are you frustrated and leaning toward a breakup? What would you add to this list? Let me know in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this article, check out 25 Ways Social Media is Like a New Lover!