You know we love introducing you to North Carolina’s top bloggers. That means it’s time for another edition of Meet the Members. Today, we’re excited to share with you Teresa from Embracing the Spectrum. Read below to get to know her and give her a warm welcome!
MEET TERESA OF EMBRACING THE SPECTRUM
1. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging since 2011, when my son was first diagnosed with autism, and autism became such an important part of our lives.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging to get the word out about autism and connect with other families going through the same things we go through. It’s been my mission to educate the masses about all sorts of things, including autism, speech/language disorders, down syndrome, learning disabilities, depression, and fibromyalgia. I feel blessed to have an audience who responds well to what I write and now have contributors who help keep the great information flowing.
3. What do you blog about?
I blog about raising a child with autism, autism resources, and special needs resources, amongst other things. This is not just a blog about our daily lives, but about what autism and other disabilities are and how they manifest in others.
4. Where are you blogging from in NC?
I’m blogging from the Crystal Coast of North Carolina!
5. Out of all the posts you’ve written, which one (or two) would you pick as your favorite?
My favorite post is Dear Worn Out Autism Mom, You’ve Got This! Because I wrote it during a particularly difficult time in my life and was giving myself a pep talk, but wound up helping out so many other parents who were in need of the same talk. I feel so much closer to the community of parents raising kids with autism now.
6. What blog(s) do you love?
Things I Can’t Say and Mama Kat’s Losin’ It are two of my favorites because they provide great content and make me laugh and sometimes cry.
7. What’s one piece of advice you’d offer your fellow bloggers?
Always stay true to your authentic voice. People will know when you’re not being real. In other words, “keep it real, yo.”
8. What’s are two things do you know to be true?
- Parenting is hard
- Autism is not the end of the world
- Love conquers all!
9. Where can we find you on the web?
- Blog: embracingthespectrum.com
- Facebook: @embracingthespectrum
- Twitter: @embracespectrum
- Google+: +embracingthespectrum2014
- Instagram: @embracethespectrum
- Pinterest: @embracespectrum
- YouTube: Embracing the Spectrum
And finally, is there anything else you’d like to add that you want people to know about you – professional affiliations, any other place they can find you, etc.
I also write for The Mighty and am published on The Huffington Post.
Let's keep the conversation going ...