Welcome to the next post in our series, Meet the Members. Today we’re introducing you to Faith Ellis, who writes at Ladies, Lattes, and Lifting. She runs a virtual community that offers support, motivation, healthy recipes, workouts, and even product reviews. Get to know her below and make sure to stop by her website and say hello!
1. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since 2014, however, I started getting serious and actually began building a brand around it last Summer of 2017.
2. Why did you start blogging?
Originally I started as a way to share my feelings through writing, but it evolved and merged with my passion for fitness and health, developing into a way I could help people along their health and fitness journey.
3. What do you blog about?
I blog about things that help motivate my audience, keep them informed, help them get to know me, along with some fun stuff! My goal is to provide useful information and insight to help them with their journey in health and fitness.
4. Where are you blogging from in NC?
I am blogging from Reidsville, North Carolina, a small city north of Greensboro.
5. Out of all the posts you’ve written, which one (or two) would you pick as your favorite?
My favorite posts I have written are The Fitness Industry: Weighing in on the Negativity and The Hunger Games Guide to Sex. The Fitness Industry post I like because it gives an opposing opinion about society and the current fitness industry and how it is not inspiring, but holds us to unreasonable standards. The Hunger Games Guide is just hilarious but so true!
6. What blog(s) do you love?
I am a huge fan of My Fitness Pal’s blog, because they always have great recipes and fitness advice.
I also really like Love Sweat Fitness. Katie has workouts, recipes, beauty tips, even playlist suggestions! She also feels real to me, so I am able to connect (virtually) with her.
7. What’s one piece of advice you’d offer your fellow bloggers?
Keep writing! It’s a lot of hard work to build up your blog and some days I just think “Not today, why should I even blog today?” But then I remember the most important thing, the more you blog, the more people you will reach and the more you will grow.
8. What’s are three things do you know to be true?
- All good things happen in time (sometimes A LOT of time)
- You have to work hard to MAKE things happen and
- Dreams can come true. When you hear that as a kid though, they leave out all the hard work that you have to put in. If you focus and really apply yourself to making something happen, it will happen – in time.
9. Where can we find you and Ladies, Lattes and Lifting on the web?
- Blog: ladieslattesandlifting.com
- Facebook: @ladieslattesandlifting
- Instagram: @ladieslattesandlifting
- Pinterest: @ladieslattesandlifting
- Twitter: @ladslatsandlift
10. And finally, is there anything else you’d like to add that you want people to know about you?
What I started as a fitness and health blog is forever evolving. It’s giving me practice and experience in perfecting my writing, editing, and the brand is allowing me to practice with my social media content creation and analyzing skills. It’s great to be able to practice all of the things I love in order to build my career.
Did You Enjoy Meeting The NC Blogger Behind Ladies, Lattes, and Lifting?
There’s so much more to learn though so be sure to check out all she’s got going on. Do you have questions or comments for her? Kick off the conversation in the comments below! Love meeting our NC Bloggers? Meet them all!