Welcome to May! Time to set your monthly goals and plan out this month’s content with our May 2018 Blog Prep Kit.
Your Must-Have May 2018 Blog Prep Kit
As a blogger, you know how hard it can be to find the time to write and often, the topic to write about. We know content is incredibly important so each month we’re giving you a blog prep kit with blog post ideas, social media prompts (aka hashtag holidays), and some noteworthy dates to add to your planner. We’ll also toss in a few fun, wacky and wild holidays just to liven things up a bit, as well.
This month, we invite you to enjoy our Spring Pinterest Boards and if you’d like to contribute to our boards, say hello! Be sure to check out what’s new on the “Eat, Sleep, Blog, Repeat” podcast and take advantage of the blogging tips and resources we’ll be sharing on our Facebook page.
May has 5 weeks (and weekends!) so there’s plenty of time to be super-productive. And, if you need a little extra motivation, check in with us on Monday’s for our Motivational Monday posts.
May Content Creation
If your content calendar isn’t completely filled, here are a few ideas you can write about this month –
- Quick and Easy Spring Meal Preps
- Cinco de Mayo Related Recipes (Drink and Food)
- Spring Recipes
- Your Favorite Spring Finds (Beauty and Fashion)
- Spring Outfits
- Something New You Learned (Blog or Social Media Related)
- A Favorite Restaurant in Your City
- A Mother’s Day Gift Guide
- Upcoming Holiday Plans
- Summer Trips You’d Like to Take
May’s Noteworthy Dates
- May 01: May Day
- May 05: Cinco de Mayo
- May 06: National Nurses Day
- May 08: Teacher Appreciation Day
- May 11: Military Spouse Appreciation Day
- May 13: Mother’s Day
- May 19: Armed Forces Day
- May 28: Memorial Day
May’s Fun and Wacky Holidays
Feeling less than inspired? Some of these out-of-the-ordinary holidays might be the creative writing prompts you need! They also make great conversation starters on social media, too.
- May 01: Batman Day
- May 01: May Day
- May 03: World Password Day
- May 04: No Pants Day
- May 04: Star Wars Day
- May 05: Free Comic Book Day
- May 06: Beverage Day
- May 09: National School Nurse Day
- May 09: Lost Sock Memorial Day
- May 10: Clean Up Your Room Day
- May 11: Twilight Zone Day
- May 11: Eat What You Want Day
- May 14: Dance Like a Chicken Day
- May 15: Chocolate Chip Day
- May 18: Pizza Party Day
- May 18: No Dirty Dishes Day
- May 20: Be a Millionaire Day
- May 21: Talk Like Yoda Day
- May 22: Buy a Musical Instrument Day
- May 24: Scavenger Hunt Day
- May 27: Sun Screen Day
- May 28: Hamburger Day
- May 31: Macaroon Day
This Month’s Hashtag Holidays
Looking to get the conversation started on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter? Try these hashtags on the corresponding holiday. It’s a fun way to spark engagement!
- May 01: #BatmanDay
- May 01: #MayDay
- May 03: #WorldPasswordDay
- May 05: #FreeComicBookDay
- May 06: #NursesDay
- May 08: #ThankATeacher
- May 11: #EatWhatYouWantDay
- May 15: #NationalChocolateChipDay
- May 18: #NoDirtyDishesDay
- May 20: #BeAMillionaireDay
- May 20: #LemonadeDay
- May 24: #NationalScavengerHuntDay
- May 28: #NationalHamburgerDay
Blog Prepping Takes Work! Plan Ahead
Remember, now’s the time to be planning for the months ahead and upcoming holidays. If you’re looking to work with brands on sponsored posts, you should be planning content for September, October, and November, now. Keep your content calendar filled.
Share Your Thoughts
What did you think of the May 2018 Blog Prep Kit? What did we miss? What should we include in next month’s edition? We value your opinion. Let us know in the comments below!
Until, next month’s Blog Prep Kit…
Leigh Hines says
This is a great resource. Thank you for putting it together.
Thanks for taking a moment to comment! Glad you enjoyed. We started these a while back and hope to inspire and prepare you and the rest of our NC Bloggers as we go forward each month.