One Warm Coat Drive
Hey friends! I’m a big fan of getting involved at a local level so this year, one of the non-profit organizations I’m on the board for is encouraging everyone who can to donate a new or gently used coat this Winter.
Health experts report that even a 2-degree drop in body temperature results in reduced heart rate, loss of coordination, and confusion. Adults cannot work effectively and children find it difficult to learn. For most, a warm coat solves the problem. But, for the nearly 15% of Americans living in poverty, a warm winter coat is a budget “extra.”
Did you know?
- 15% of seniors live in poverty
- 3.5 million people experience homelessness each year
- One in five children is living in poverty
You Can Help Carolina Locals During the One Warm Coat Drive
Gateway Western Carteret Community Alliance and the Crystal Coast Christmas Festival have teamed up with One Warm Coat this holiday season to help our local community members in need. This is such a sweet way to help someone in need, right here in our community, this holiday season.
You can donate a new or gently used coat during the Festival (Dec 2 – 11) and your contributions will go to a local domestic violence center and a local homeless shelter.
You can also bring in canned goods as well, contributions will also go to our local shelters.
Cans and One Warm Coat Drive and Drop Off Location:
The Market At Cedar Point
1046 Cedar Point Blvd
Cedar Point, North Carolina
For more info call (910) 330-7937 or (252) 285-6606
About One Warm Coat
One Warm Coat works to provide a free, warm coat to any person in need. We encourage people to keep others warm by donating a new or gently used coat.
One Warm Coat is a national non-profit
Key Facts and Figures
WHAT THEY DO ANNUALLY
Support over 3,000 Coat Drive Ambassadors by:
- Providing free instructions, materials, tools and resources
- Hosting and maintain a searchable database of coat drive events across North America
Assist community nonprofit agencies by:
- Listing them on their searchable database
- Assisting them in receiving needed coats
Work with business and brands to:
- Engage employees and customers in giving warmth
- Develop and support marketing goals and initiatives
WHAT THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED
They have focused on one specific need for 22 years allowing us to:
- Support more than 20,000 coat drives to date
- Expand to support coat drives held in all 50 states & 10 countries
- Collect over four million coats providing over four million people with warmth
Keep their expenses low (with an average cost of .50 per coat) allowing them to:
- Use our funds efficiently with 95% of every $1 supporting our programs
- Provided over 300,000 children with new coats of their own
If you have gently used coats and jackets you’re no longer using or no longer need, please pass them on to someone who desperately needs them this Christmas. You can drop them off now through December 11th.
Thanks in advance!
Let's keep the conversation going ...