Is it too late to say welcome to April? I swear it feels like this year is flying by and the months are getting shorter. Of course, I know that’s not the case but it sure feels like it.
Here’s to April bringing us breezy days filled with sunshine and fluffy clouds, beautiful flowers in full bloom and brief rain showers followed by full rainbows.
As a blogger, you know how hard it can be to find the time to write and often, the topic to write about. We know content is incredibly important so each month we’re giving you a blog prep kit with blog post ideas, social media prompts (aka hashtag holidays), and some noteworthy dates to add to your planner. We’ll also toss in a few fun, wacky and wild holidays just to liven things up a bit, as well.
Welcome to April
This month, be sure to enter our April JAB Box giveaway, enjoy our Spring Pinterest Boards, check out what’s new on our “Eat, Sleep, Blog, Repeat” podcast and take advantage of the blogging tips and resources we’ll be sharing on our Facebook page.
It’s FINALLY feeling like Spring here along the Crystal Coast. Granted, it’s still cooling off in the evenings but just warm enough throughout the day to get outside and enjoy. Flowers are bursting open and trees are in bloom and everything is turning green again (and pollen is everywhere).
If you’re looking for a some Spring-spiration, check out these NC Bloggers’ websites. They’re chock full of DIY crafts, recipes, printables and so much Spring goodness you’ll be feeling refreshed in no time.
- Here Comes the Sun
- Nourish and Nestle
- A Raleigh Mom’s Guide to April
- Running in a Skirt
- Trial and Eater
- Girl Gone Gourmet
- Pretty Handy Girl
- Love, Jaime
- Peanut Blossom
- Think Fruitful
- It’s Just Life
These are just a handful of our NC Bloggers, get to know all our NC Bloggers when you join our community and who knows, maybe you’ll be featured in May’s monthly blog post!
April Holidays and Blog Inspiration
Below are several holidays you’ll want to know about. They make good topics to cover if you need a little blog inspiration. For example, April 26th is “Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Day.” If you’re a parent, that would be a great opportunity to spend the day with your kids and capture the memory in a blog post. Or, if you’re a food blogger, maybe you’ve got some great recipe ideas around some of the upcoming holidays that your readers would appreciate.
What will you be celebrating this month? I’d love to know. If you plan to blog about any of these holidays, let me know and we may just add them to our post with an update and a link back to you.
- Apr 01: Sunday, Easter Sunday
- Apr 02: Monday, Easter Monday
- Apr 02: Monday, Pascua Florida Day (Florida)
- Apr 06: Friday, Orthodox Good Friday
- Apr 06: Friday, National Tartan Day
- Apr 07: Saturday, Last Day of Passover
- Apr 07: Saturday, Orthodox Holy Saturday
- Apr 08: Sunday, Orthodox Easter
- Apr 09: Monday, Orthodox Easter Monday
- Apr 10: Tuesday, National Library Workers’ Day
- Apr 11: Wednesday, Yom HaShoah
- Apr 13: Friday, Isra and Mi’raj
- Apr 13: Friday, Thomas Jefferson’s Birthday
- Apr 15: Sunday, Father Damien Day (Hawaii)
- Apr 16: Monday, Emancipation Day (District of Columbia)
- Apr 16: Monday, Patriot’s Day (Maine, Massachusetts)
- Apr 17: Tuesday, Tax Day
- Apr 19: Thursday, Yom Ha’atzmaut
- Apr 21: Saturday, San Jacinto Day (Texas)
- Apr 22: Sunday, Oklahoma Day (Oklahoma)
- Apr 23: Monday, Confederate Memorial Day (Alabama, Florida)
- Apr 23: Monday, State Holiday (Georgia)
- Apr 25: Wednesday, Administrative Professionals Day
- Apr 26: Thursday, Confederate Memorial Day (Florida)
- Apr 26: Thursday, Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
- Apr 27: Friday, Arbor Day (Nebraska)
- Apr 30: Monday, Confederate Memorial Day (Mississippi)
April Fun, Wacky Holidays and Hashtag Holidays
If you’re ever at a loss for what to write about on your blog, some of these fun holidays might be the creative writing prompts you need! They’d also make great conversation starters across your social channels.
- Apr 01: Sunday – Fun at Work Day
- Apr 03: Tuesday – World Party Day
- Apr 04: Wednesday – Tell a Lie Day
- Apr 05: Thursday – Read a Road Map Day
- Apr 05: Thursday – First Contact Day
- Apr 06: Friday – Walk to Work Day
- Apr 06: Friday – Sorry Charlie Day
- Apr 07: Saturday – National Beer Day
- Apr 07: Saturday – National Handmade Day
- Apr 07: Saturday – National Beer Day
- Apr 07: Saturday – National Coffee Cake Day
- Apr 07: Saturday – National No Housework Day
- Apr 07: Saturday – National Love Our Children Day – First Saturday in April
- Apr 08: Sunday – National All is Ours Day
- Apr 08: Sunday – National Empanada Day
- Apr 08: Sunday – National Zoo Lovers Day
- Apr 10: Tuesday – Siblings Day
- Apr 11: Wednesday – Barbershop Quartet Day
- Apr 12: Thursday – Grilled Cheese Day
- Apr 12: Thursday – Yuri’s Night
- Apr 13: Friday – Scrabble Day
- Apr 14: Saturday – International Moment of Laughter Day
- Apr 14: Saturday – Reach as High as You Can Day
- Apr 14: Saturday – Look up the Sky Day
- Apr 16: Monday – Eggs Benedict Day
- Apr 16: Monday – Wear Pajamas to Work Day
- Apr 17: Tuesday – Haiku Poetry Day
- Apr 18: Wednesday – Columnist Day
- Apr 20: Friday – Look Alike Day
- Apr 21: Saturday – Record Store Day
- Apr 21: Saturday – Astronomy Day
- Apr 22: Sunday – Jelly Bean Day
- Apr 23: Monday – Take a Chance Day
- Apr 23: Monday – Impossible Astronaut Day
- Apr 23: Monday – Lover’s Day
- Apr 24: Tuesday – Poem in Your Pocket Day
- Apr 25: Wednesday – DNA Day
- Apr 26: Thursday – Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day
- Apr 26: Thursday – Pretzel Day
- Apr 26: Thursday – Richter Scale Day
- Apr 27: Friday – World Pinhole Photography Day
- Apr 29: Sunday – Zipper Day
- Apr 30: Monday – Honesty Day
April’s Hashtag Holidays
- April 07: #NationalBeerDay
- April 10: #NationalSiblingsDay
- April 11: #NationalPetDay
- April 13: #NationalMakeLunchCountDay
- April 16: #PJDay
- April 20:#NationalLookAlikeDay
- April 25: #NationalTelephoneDay
- April 30: #NationalHonestyDay
Don’t forget to plan for the months ahead and upcoming holidays. If you’re looking to work with brands on sponsored posts, you should be planning content for June, July and August, now.
Now It’s Your Turn
I look forward to hearing from you. What holidays will you be celebrating? What’s your favorite part of April and/or Spring? Share it with me below.
I’m so happy it’s finally feeling like Spring here in NC! Thank you for sharing these April Holidays and blog inspiration. I have a few new ideas to add to my calender now!
Love hearing that! Thanks for taking the time to add your thoughts to the topic.
Dante Earlson says
Your final thoughts were to share our favorite part about April and/or Spring. I am grateful for the huge list of blogs and resources. I love spring because I love summer. Spring is when the plants need to be set and the world starts to wake up for a couple of seasons. I get to see the previous years outdoor grooming as well as plant my garden and any new exciting landscaping plants that I have been waiting on for the fall and winter before I can put them in the earth. Spring for me is like baking an amazing dessert. Lots of time and energy goes into it accompanied by wonderful smells(flowering plants) then you have to wait for it to bake. Summer is the eating of the dessert and enjoying the fruits of your labors.
I just stumbled onto this and I am yearning for the spring already, Just heading into fall I loved it for a minute then we had that wind and dang, I need to spring already! Isn’t that always how it is? looking for the next season to be the best one. lol Although if this next year looks this good then I can see that spring will be amazing!