Area of Focus: Military, Military Families, Community Service and Volunteering, Non-Profit, Charitable Organizations
Language(s): English is required
In Office or Work from Home: Either is suitable
Hours: Please dedicate 15 hours per week (3 hours per day)
Paid or unpaid: Unpaid
Interns will gain work experience in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The intern must be willing to work hard to build a portfolio of experience, have an interest and or background in the marketing, public relations, new media, or communications field. Hours are flexible, but we ask that interns dedicate a minimum of 15 hours per week.
1. Search all print media for eMail Our Military (eMOM) content
2. Developing/editing public relations materials
3. Assist with writing press releases, captions, newsletters, ads and public service announcements.
4. Work with the CEO and the Web development team to develop website contents
5. Assist with the promotion of upcoming collaborations, campaigns projects and events.
6. Create and update media lists.
7. Place calls to media for follow-up on releases.
8. Help develop and conduct outreach activities to blogs and bloggers
9. Manage and maintain current multi-platform media listings
Internship Requirements Include:
1. Previous public relations, marketing and new media experience preferred
3. Strong communication skills
5. Detail oriented, mature attitude, organized, self-driven and self-sufficient
7. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. (Familiarity of Microsoft Outlook would be a plus)
[ Tags: Public Relations, Marketing, New Media, Social Media, Internships, Military Support, Messages of Support, Troop Support, Moral Support, eMail The Military, eMailing Our Military, Mail Our Military, Mailing Our Military, Mailing The Military, Military Care Packages, Military eMail, Military Pen Pals, Armed Forces, Army, Soldiers, Navy, Sailors, Air Force, Airmen, Marine Corps, Marines, Coast Guard, Guardsmen, Patriotism, eMOM, eMail Our Military ]
Let's keep the conversation going ...