Feel like exploring? Take a pause from your Friday morning to explore one of our adventurous bloggers. Meet Tina of Bold Narrative!
Meet Tina of Bold Narrative
1. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since 2012.
2. What do you blog about?
Bold Narrative is a lifestyle blog where I write about the art of living in balance. For me, that vision is about reclaiming personal power, exploring my passions, and living with intention and purpose. Topics include cooking in season, career, personal interests, eating well, meditations and inspiration, balancing family, marriage, kids, and self, exploring nature, travel, professional development, discovering beauty in small things, health, wellness, spirituality, and most importantly finding joy in everyday living.
3. Where are you blogging from in NC?
I blog primarily from western North Carolina but enjoy writing from our travels—something of an “en plein air” experience for writers!
4. Why did you start blogging?
Jack Kerouac is famously quoted as saying, “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” Bold Narrative is my version of climbing that mountain, every day, in pursuit of the highest grandest vision possible for my life. As a writer and an insatiable reader, I love the casual tone and intimacy of blogging as a platform. Great posts read and feel like you are having a conversation, over coffee or a glass of wine, with a new friend that you are really excited to get to know. I learn so many amazing things from other bloggers and couldn’t wait to join the conversation as a blogger myself. Hopefully when people read my posts, they feel inspired to explore their own passions while living with greater intention and joy.
5. What blog(s) do you love?
- On Being
- Positively Present
- Pencil Box
- Sprouting Photographer
- Ask Well from the NY Times
- The Well Written Woman (a collection of writers and works)
- The Olive and The Sea (which I discovered on NCBN)
- Of course, my friend, Susanna Barbee’s Zealous Mom!
7. What’s one piece of advice you’d share with your fellow bloggers?
Don’t let fear hold you back; dive into blogging and join the global conversation of writers and readers! There is some part of the conversation (whatever your topic may be) where you have something to contribute.
8. What three things do you know to be true?
Every day is a gift. Laughter is great medicine. There is no time like right now.
9. Where can we find you on the web? (You can click the links below to connect with Tina)
10. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
Tina is a mother, writer, photographer, adventurer, and lover of the great outdoors, much like her grandfather.