Get to know Susanna Barbee of Zealous Mom
1. How long have you been blogging?
Almost three years.
2. What do you blog about?
A lot of my posts are stories and anecdotes about the beautiful chaos that is parenthood. Other topics include early education, cooking, fitness, travel, product reviews, and brand promotion.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I love to write, and I love being a mom. Starting a parenting blog was a way to combine both joys. Since starting the blog, however, it has become so much more than that. It serves as an outlet for many emotions. It’s part of who I am.
4. What is your FAVORITE post you’ve ever written (you can pick 2)?
5. What blog do you love?
6. What is your biggest piece of advice for other bloggers?
Always write from your heart. Readers appreciate and enjoy honesty. Work to write more non-sponsored content so that your voice doesn’t become diluted with marketing verbiage.
7. What are you looking forward to for you as a blogger in the upcoming months (conferences, big blog release, book release, publishing, community, redesign, new content, etc)?
I’m co-hosting two large regional giveaways during the holidays (one for The Polar Express and one for Christmas at Biltmore). I’m also working with a local web designer to redesign my blog in the coming months. I hope to attend Mom 2.0 in April. I’m also looking forward to becoming more involved with the NC Blogger Network, both on a regional and state level.
Visit Susanna on the web and show her some North Carolina love.