Get to know NCBN member Katie Williamsen of Twin Stripe
1. How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging almost three years. Time flies when you’re having fun!
2. What do you blog about?
I categorize my blog under the wide umbrella of “lifestyle”. I share DIYs, recipes, style ideas, blogging advice, travel guides and more. Nothing is overly complicated because no one has time to buy a long list of supplies or ingredients. I hope that my posts help create simple ways to enjoy life each day.
3. Why did you start blogging?
My friend, Alison, and I started Twin Stripe as a digital magazine where we wanted to share our passion for entertaining and styling, but it quickly evolved into a blog too. In November 2013, Alison moved on to pursue other things, so now I have taken over the creative direction of the blog. I have really enjoyed it, but of course miss bouncing ideas off Alison.
4. What is your FAVORITE post you’ve ever written (you can pick 2)?
I love the holidays, so I like to think it shows through my posts. Last year I hosted a gift wrapping party at my house. I worked with photographer Sara of Sara Logan Photography and I couldn’t be happier with the series of posts I put together. I’m working on a holiday blogger bash right now and I can’t wait to share that as well! Editor note: by the time this is posted, Katie will have already hosted her holiday blogger bash for this year! Make sure to check out the festive photos on her blog!
5. What blog do you love?
This is a hard one because I read so many blogs, but A Beautiful Mess inspires me everyday. They are amazing female entrepreneurs who have really figured out how to live off running your own blog. On a smaller scale, I’ve really been loving My Style Vita. Jessica started out as a fashion blogger but has done a great job branching into lifestyle. Her and Cathy of Poor Little It Girl have also done an amazing job of creating the Southern Blog Society.
6. What is your biggest piece of advice for other bloggers?
Blogging is a learning process. The journey is part of the fun. Be sure to reach out to other bloggers, they have been in your shoes. And don’t forget to be nice!
7. What are you looking forward to for you as a blogger in the upcoming months (conferences, big blog release, book release, publishing, community, redesign, new content, etc)?
I’m hoping to evolve my content and start working on some new ideas for the blog. I love the start of a new year because I love setting new goals and refining ideas for the year. I hope to catch a blog conference or two and collaborate with some amazing brands and bloggers!
Visit Katie on the web and show her some North Carolina love.
- Website: http://twinstripe.com/blog/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/twinstripe
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/
- Bloglovin’: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/
8. And then anything else you might want to add that you want people to know about you – professional affiliations, any other place they can find you, etc.
I’m a Midwestern girl who is making a place for herself in the South. I live in Greensboro, North Carolina with my fabulous husband, Chad, and adorable pup, Hobbes. I spend my spare time decorating our home and throwing festive parties. I believe you can never have too much glassware or glitter!
I am also a member of the Southern Blog Society.
Let's keep the conversation going ...