Be Sure to Do These 5 Steps When Moving
1. Have an Inventory of Belongings – It’s always worth having an inventory list of the belongings you’re taking with you. It gives you a comprehensive guide to everything you should have once you move into your new home. By making a list and ticking things off as you move, you can make sure you’ve brought everything with you once you move. It’ll help you keep more of an eye on everything.
2. Put Together Your Moving Day Essentials – Moving day will be quite stressful and take a lot of work. Despite that, you’ll still need to look after yourself. A moving day essentials bag helps with this, as it includes everything you need to get through daily life. You’ll be under less pressure to unpack and avoid needing to root around for essentials when you’re moving.
3. Consider Hiring Professionals – Getting professionals to help you when you’re moving is always recommended. They take a lot of stress and hassle out of moving home, as well as providing other benefits. It’s worth getting some out-of-state moving quotes to see how affordable it is. It may end up being more affordable than you would’ve thought, and it’s worth considering if it saves you time and your sanity.
Looking for a home of your own? Browse my real estate agent’s Featured Properties.
4. Notify People of Your Change of Address – Quite a few people will need to know about your new address. Your bank and similar third parties will be some of the more overlooked of these, but it’s worth making sure you let them know as early as you can. You should also give friends and family the new info so you won’t miss out on any birthday and holiday cards. Plus, you’ll want them to visit, right?
5. Cancel Old Services – You could have quite a few services registered to your old home. While you might want to transfer some of these to your new home, you might need to cancel some of them, too. These are usually the ones you can’t have transferred over, such as any services you get from local companies – think utilities. Schedule them to be canceled so you aren’t paying in two locations.
Once you’re settled in, remember to look after your new home, by getting pest control treatments, lawn care, and staying on top of home maintenance. Though there are so many things to take care of when you’re planning a move, I hope these 5 tips to take when moving will be a big help!
Getting started as early as possible will make the process much easier, and before you know it you’ll be relaxing in your new home.
Did you enjoy these tips? What did you find helpful to know or do before your big move?