OPSEC (Operational Security) has been established by the D0D and has strict rules. It’s broken down here to make it simple for everyone to understand and remember.
The 10 OPSEC Points:
- Don’t discuss current or future destinations, ports of call, or bases.
- Don’t discuss current or future operations or missions.
- Don’t discuss current or future dates and times of exercises or missions.
- Don’t discuss readiness issues and numbers.
- Don’t discuss specific training equipment.
- Don’t discuss people’s names, military occupation or operations.
- Don’t speculate about current or future operations.
- Don’t spread rumors about current, future, or past operations or movements.
- Don’t assume the enemy is not trying to collect information on you; they are.
- Be smart, use your head, and always think OPSEC when online, using eMail and the Phone.
For more on OPSEC you can read OPSEC Is Everyone’s Responsibility
# # #
If you’ve been searching for a way to support our troops easily, you’ve found it! Participate in one of our many projects or register with eMOM and sign up to eMail/Mail our military one-on-one.
Connect with eMail Our Military (eMOM) on twitter at: @MailOurMilitary, follow our blog feed at: @eMOMs or connect with us through one of the services below.
If you’re reading this via email or in your feed reader, stop by and add your comments.
[ Tags: eMOM, eMailOurMilitary, Troop Support, Supporting Our Troops, Patriotism, Miami MilBlogging, South Florida Troop Support Organization, South Florida Military Support Organization, South Florida Blogger, eMail Our Military Blog, Honor Duty eMail, OPSEC, Operational Security, 10 OPSEC Rules, Loose Lips Sink Ships ]
Let's keep the conversation going ...