Still think Social Media is a fad? 72% of all internet users are now active on social media. It’s here to stay, and it should be a vital part of your marketing strategy. Your customers and prospects are online, and participating on social networks. You should be there, too. Still not sure if your business should get involved? These facts and figures should encourage you to take a closer look at the power of social business -
- 78% of small businesses attract new customers through social media. (Relevanza)
- 85% of all businesses with a dedicated social media platform reported an increase in their market exposure.
- The top 3 benefits of social media marketing are increased exposure (89%), increased website traffic (75%), and access to marketplace insights (69%) per small and medium business marketers (SMB). (eMarketer)
- 87% of buyers say online content impacts their vendor preference and selection. (B2B Marketing Insider)
Social Media Comparison Infographic
Feel free to share the Infographic or download the printable PDF.
Did you know these facts about Facebook:
- In an average week, there are over 645 million views of, and 13 million comments on, local business Facebook Pages.
- 757 million daily active users on average in December 2013.
- 1.23 billion monthly active users as of December 31, 2013.
- Over 1 billion mobile monthly active users as of March 2014.
- Users share 2.5 billion pieces of content each day
- Approximately 81% of their daily active users are outside the U.S. and Canada.
- 20% of all internet page views come from Facebook. (iMedia Connection)
- 77% of B2C companies and 43% of B2B vendors have acquired customers from Facebook (University of Florida)
- 95% of all social media-referred traffic to B2C websites is generated from just five social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, StumbleUpon, and YouTube.
- 75% of that comes from Facebook alone. (Eloqua)
Did you know these facts about Twitter:
- 560 million active users.
- 241 million monthly active users.
- 500 million Tweets are sent per day.
- 5,700 tweets happen every second
- 76% of Twitter active users are on mobile.
- 77% of accounts are outside the U.S.
- Twitter supports 35+ languages.
- Vine: More than 40 million users.
- 34% of marketers say they have generated leads from Twitter. (University of Florida)
- 77% of Fortune’s Global 100 are on Twitter. (University of Florida)
Did you know these facts about Pinterest:
- 70 million active users.
- Users are 20% male and 80% female. (University of Florida)
- 50% of Pinterest users have children.
- 1/3 of U.S. Women use Pinterest (Mashable)
- 69% of online consumers have found an item they’ve bought or wanted to buy on Pinterest.
- 25% of Fortune Global 100 companies have Pinterest accounts.
- Largest opportunities are in decor, babies, recipes, wedding, and fashion.
Did you know these facts about Instagram:
- 150 million active users.
- Social sharing site all around pictures and now 15 second videos.
- Many brands are participating through the use of hashtags and posting pictures consumers can relate to.
- Most followed brand is MTV.
Did you know these facts about Google+:
- 500 million registered users.
- 48% of Fortune Global 100 companies are now on Google+.
- 400 million active users.
- Social network built by Google that allows for brands and users to build circles.
- Not as many brands active but the ones that are tend to be a good fit with a great following.
- Growing rapidly with 925,000 new users every day.
Did you know these facts about LinkedIn:
- 300 million registered users. (Mashable)
- 100 million registered users in the U.S. (Mashable)
- Brands that are participating are corporate brands giving potential and current associates a place to network and connect.
- 79% of users are 35 or older.
Want to Learn More? Let’s Connect
What did you think about these social media statistics? If you’re interested in learning more about how you can use social media to meet and exceed your business goals, let’s connect to discuss how DayngrZone Media can help your business and brand today. Whether we work together or not, I hope my site and my experience are valuable resources for you. I look forward to hearing from you and getting to know you better.