Whether you’re watching the news, your favorite show or reading a magazine, you’ve probably noticed that Twitter is everywhere. So how can you tap into Twitter’s power for your business? In this article, we’ll give you 11 smart ways you can use Twitter for your business.
11 Smart Ways You Can Use Twitter for Your Business
- Connect with your customers, prospects and anyone who @ mentions you.
- Connect with the people and businesses who follow you and follow them back.
- Build an engaged following by participating in relevant Tweetchats, retweeting others, and talking to those you’re connected to.
- Share company news.
- Share company events.
- Share exclusive content that followers and fans can’t get anywhere else.
- Use hashtags to make your content more discoverable.
- Create your own brand-related hashtag for fans can follow along. [See: #mycrystalcoast]
- Monitor your competition. [Use tools like Mention, SocialBro, Hootsuite]
- Listen for mentions. [Again, you can use the tools mentioned above, don’t forget Twitter Search, too.]
- Include links to your content to drive traffic to your website.
This isn’t a complete list of ways you can use twitter for your business but it is a great start. Take a look at your favorite brands and businesses to see how they use Twitter. What can ideas can you take away from them and apply to your business?
Are you using Twitter for your business? If so, what would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments below.
Twitter For Business Class
Interested in learning all about how to use Twitter for your business and why you might want to? Register for tonight’s Twitter for Business class at Carteret Community College in Morehead City, or register for the next Twitter For Business class on March 12th.